Starts On: November 23, 2017
Last Updated On : November 15, 2017
The Competition is open to all the students who are mandatorily required to carry their University/College ID Cards during the competition.
1. RULES OF THE COMPETITION
a. The competition shall be in English only.
b. The Competition shall consist of TWO rounds, Preliminary round and Final round.
Participants selected from Preliminary round shall only proceed to the Final Round.
c. There shall be a pool of topics which shall be disclosed to all the participants 15 minutes before the start of the competition. Preparation time of 15 minutes shall be given to all the participants.
d. The topic for the debate shall be allotted to the participants on the spot by way of draw of Lots.
e. After the topic is allotted, the speaker must start with the proposition or the opposition side as per his/her discretion.
f. The speaker shall have to change the side and start speaking from the other side instantly once the table is tapped/ buzzer is pressed.
g. Time Slot:-
1. Preliminary Round- 5 Mins/Participant
2. Final Round- 10 Mins/Participant
h. The speaker must conclude his points within the prescribed time limit only, failing which penalty shall be levied as mentioned in Point 2.
i. Use of Study material in any form and any electronic appliance such as Laptop, mobile etc during the competition is completely prohibited. Non-compliance of the same shall attract Penalty as mentioned in Point 2.
NOTE:- The decision of the Judges and the Organizing Committee shall be final and binding on all the Participants
PENALTY AND DISQUALIFICATION
1. Use of Obscene and derogatory language during the debate shall lead to disqualification in entirety
2. Use of Study material in any form and any electronic appliance such as Laptop, mobile etc during the competition shall lead to disqualification in entirety
3. A penalty of 1 Mark/Minute shall be levied for the time exceeded in case the participant exceeds the prescribed time limit.