Agra Youth Model United Nations 2.0 International Press Application link
Starts On: January 13, 2018
The Secretariat of Agra Youth Model United Nations
Last Updated On : December 21, 2017
It is our distinct pleasure to inform you about the Second Edition of Agra Youth Model United Nations which is to be held on the 13th and 14th of January, 2018 at Uttam Institute of Management Studies, Agra. It's an initiative taken by a nationally recognized NGO "Ek Pahel B.R. Memorial Welfare Society". This conference is a simulation of the United Nations wherein students from the city and outside shall participate to discuss about various International issues which shall include debate, brainstorm, negotiate and give solutions that would be fruitful to attain a peaceful world. Agra Youth Model United Nations is backed by a number of internationally recognized judges who shall be our jury members in order to guide the participants. We take the privilege of informing you that AYMUN is also supported by International UN agencies and campaigns like UNICEF and HeForShe in its endeavour. Not only this but AYMUN is also in collaboration with renowned national NGOs like Feeding India. Agra Youth Model UN also happens to be the first conference in Agra to be in collaboration with the United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan. The Team, AYMUN assures quality along with affordable delegate fee and accommodation charges with the promise of making these two days memorable and legendary for the participants.
In this year's edition, we are planing to stimulate the following committees:
1. United Nations Human Rights Council (Agenda: Special Session on the deteriorating situation of human rights in Republic of India.)
2. United Nations General Assembly- DISEC (Agenda: Implementation of the Declaration of the Indian Ocean as a Zone of Peace.)
3. United Nations Security Council- Double Delegation Committee (Agenda: Destruction and trafficking of cultural heritage by terrorist groups and in situations of armed conflict)
4. Commission on the Status of Women (Agenda: Challenges faced by women and Girls with respect to the achievement of SDGs)
5. International Press ( IP consists of Journalists, Photographers and Cartoonists who, through their journalistic prowess, cover the events and proceedings of the Conference.)
6. Lok Sabha (Agenda: Discussion on possible solutions to Kashmir fallout with special emphasis on rehabilitation of Kashmiri pandits)
Along with this, we would be hosting two social nights in the form of Lohri Celebration (13th January) and DJ Night (14th January).